C’est Moi is committed to being a part of the solution when it comes to our environment. We use clean ingredients, never test on animals and are proud to share that we have partnered with
TerraCycle® to create a national recycling program for C’est Moi rigid plastic packaging.
TerraCycle is a social enterprise Eliminating the Idea of Waste®. They work with companies all over the world to recycle products and packaging.
This blog post shares the impact of the work TerraCycle is doing and how you can recycle your C’est Moi packaging using the C'est Moi Recycling Envelope Program.
TerraCycle's Impact Around the Globe
TerraCycle has a network of more than 200 million recycling participants around the world. Not only have they collected and recycled more than 7 billion units of waste globally, TerraCycle has also raised more than $40 million for charity.
Below is a graph representing Plastics Waste Management in the US from 1960 to 2017 from the US Environmental Protection Agency.
Why is this so important? Here are a few shocking statistics that show how our trash affects the world:
- Plastic can take up to 1000 years to decompose in the landfill.
- Ingestion of plastic kills an estimated 1 million marine birds and 100,000 marine animals each year.
- In 2018, 120 billion units of packaging were produced by the global cosmetics industry, most of which are not recyclable.
Below is a graph representing Plastics Waste Management in the US from 1960 to 2017 from the US Environmental Protection Agency.“The total generation of municipal solid waste (MSW) in 2017 was 267.8 million tons or 4.51 pounds per person per day," says US Environmental Protection Agency. This is the equivalent of 1,645 pounds per person, per year. The below two graphs reflect this.
This graph shows how this waste is managed in the U.S.:
This graph shows what percentage each category of waste represents in the total of waste generated:
Thanks to the efforts of organizations like Terracycle, we can all directly impact these numbers. Here’s how you can do your part using the C’est Moi Recycling Envelope Program.
C'est Moi’s Recycling Envelope Program
C'est Moi packaging is nationally recyclable, care of the C'est Moi Recycling Envelope Program. This allows for all U.S. residents to have access to a FREE recycling solution for C'est Moi cosmetic packaging.
Participating in this program is easy and completely FREE. Here’s how to request your recycling envelope for C’est Moi rigid plastic packaging:
- Please complete the order form on the Terracycle site. Your envelope will ship via the United States Postal Service within 1-2 weeks.
- Once received, remove the prepaid return label from inside your envelope. Cover your address with the label.
- Collect and fill the envelope with C’est Moi rigid plastic packaging.
- Seal and return via USPS.
Simple yet powerful. Please join us and Terracycle in our efforts to positively impact our climate and planet. Be sure to tag us in your Recycling Envelope pics so we can share your positive example with the C’est Moi community.